tokina 11-16mm f2.8 - test shots

john_lee48

<p>hi everyone, I'm conscious not to spam sample shots this time so grateful for people's patience and feedback. <br>

<br />my new ultra-wide seems to be back-focusing: about 20mm, based on the test chart (I know these can be inaccurate, but I've tried it multiple times and keep getting the same result).</p>

<p>Test shot with batteries seems ok, but it could be consistent with the focus chart test (if the focal point is between the duracell and the battery on its left). </p>

<p>Also attached a couple of 100% crops of test shots with general subject matter. </p>

<p>thanks for comments</p>

<p> </p>

<p>John, it looks like the Tokina is doing OK, but could you show us a sample of the shots showing the camera's focal points to be sure. To rule out camera shake, the shots should be with a tripod, was the battery shot hand held? How close were you to the subjects? Also was this shot in RAW and did you do any sharpening in DPP?<br>

I've been satisfied with my Tokina 11-16mm, it's been a great lens for me.<br>

Here is a sample from mine showing focal points. Tokina 11-16mm with a Canon 7D - 16 mm - 1/100sec - F/2.8 - ISO400. I viewed focal points in DPP and just pressed [ALT] [Print Screen] to capture the focal point view for the sample. <br>

http://d6d2h4gfvy8t8.cloudfront.net/16340372-lg.jpg</p>

<p> </p>

Cheers, Mark