Hasselblad V with a Leaf Aptus 22-cables?

d._david_young

<p>hello<br>

I am looking into buying a Hasselblad 500 V and attaching a Leaf Aptus 22 back to it with a CF lens.<br>

-Hasselblad V because of leaf shutter and high sync speeds for balancing outdoors; and the solid build of them.<br>

-Aptus 22 for entry level and affordability (MFDBs)<br>

My Questions:<br>

1) is it attach and shoot?: can I buy a 500 V system with lens, viewfinder and attach a Leaf Aptus 22 and start shooting right away. Do I Need Cables connecting anywhere? (Not including the ELX series)<br>

2) what does one use for post processing? best one?<br>

3) on cropping:a) is any file cropped out with the V? (I don't understand this alot but know that the sensor is smaller than the 6x6 opening on the V)</p>

<p>note: I did google search for the cable part and did not find much.<br>

thanks<br>

Doug Y</p>

<p>That link made interesting reading. I don't know where you're located, but dealers in NYC will often have trade-ins for much less.</p>

<p>In my own decades of professional photography, I've seen fungus on every sort of optical surface, I never would have thought to blame anybody. </p>

<p>1) Lens flash-synch cable, as Brian described</p>

<p>2) I think that most Leaf Aptus users use either Leaf Capture or Phase One's Capture One DB - both are free to download.</p>

<p>3) The Aptus 22 is 48x36 mm. Film in the Hasselblad would be 56x56 mm. So the horizontal crop factor is 56/48 = 1.17, while the diagonal crop factor is 79/60 = 1.3, and the square to square crop factor is 56/36 = 1.5.<br>

If you would normally print rectangular "645" crops from the film, the 1.17x applies, while if you would normally print square from the film, the 1.5x applies. If the aspect ratio doesn't matter and you just want to get as much in as possible with either medium, then the 1.3x applies.</p>

<p>Ray<br>

re: #3-I am still using film and print "full-frame" with shaved out negative carriers so there is a black "frame" around my printed black and white darkroom prints; I guess it would be best to actually test out a digital back or assist a pro who uses one to actually understand the "cropping" of the different size MFDB sensors. Does any of the image get cut-off from these sensors? (my current gear are film: 645, 67, and 135 + 6x8 + 4x5). (please excuse if this last question is naive). Also am in Hawaii so not much in way of rentals to use or alot of pros who use assistants.<br>

thanks>Doug</p>

<p> </p>