Peckham Wray wide angle lens

<p>Thank you David for your information, but there was not much information of the wideangles type and shutter there as I am searching for one for my own Peckham Wray. Actually it is a nice camera to use despite the protected British market,especially due to its ingenious focusing system... well at least I like it.</p>

<p>IIRC Wray made their own wide angle which was very much like the old f6.8 Angulon series (not Super Angulon), it would have been possibly in an Epsilon shutter to begin with, probably a Synchro Compur #0 size later. This type really needs to be stopped down to f16 or smaller for picture taking, whereas the standard and tele Wray lenses were quite good performers. All older British amateurs know Wray from their Supar enlarging lenses, anyone (like me) who worked professionally for a Government photographic department will have been given a Wray Lustrar at some time!</p>

<p>IIRC Wray made their own wide angle with a focal length of 89 mm which was very much like the old f6.8 Angulon series (not Super Angulon), it would have been possibly in an Epsilon shutter to begin with, probably a Synchro Compur #0 size later. This type really needs to be stopped down to f16 or smaller for picture taking, whereas the standard and tele Wray lenses were quite good performers. All older British amateurs know Wray from their Supar enlarging lenses, anyone (like me) who worked professionally for a Government photographic department will have been given a Wray Lustrar at some time!</p>

<p>David, the VM reports that Wray made a number of wide angle lenses after WW-II. Of them, the one most likely to have been supplied with the Peckham Wray camera was the 89/6.3 WA Lustrar, a 4/4 double Gauss type. TTH and Dallmeyer made similar lenses. AFAIK only Schneider made Angulon types, although Ole Tjugen insist that one of his Leitmeyr wide angles is a 6/2 Angulon type. </p>

<p>Jani, the the idea behind Peckham Wray camera's periscopic focusing could have been borrowed from the Corfield Periflex, a sort of Leica clone -- had the Leica thread mount and register -- with a focusing periscope.</p>