Photorescue for D4?

leon_pugh

<p>I would like to know if anyone with a D4 has been able to recover deleted files from a memory card using the Photorescu (http://www.datarescue.com/) software.<br>

There is a review claiming it works with D3 NEF files, but will it work with the new D4 NEF format?<br>

The demo version allows me to see the NEF thumbnails, but will not recover the file unless I purchase the software. And will the recovered file be 100% intact and readable by run of the mill graphics software?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Leon,<br>

This kind of 'rescue software' is not file specific, it should be able to restore any kind of file (in other words: put a Word document on the card, and it should be able to recover that as well). Here is <a href="http://www.piriform.com/recuva">a nice free alternative</a>, might be worth the shot. Myself, I've been using the software that came with Sandisk cards, and it works fine too.</p>

<p>Unless the card has been re-formatted or other files have been added since deletion, then a "deleted" file's pointer is only removed from the File Allocation Table and the file itself marked as deleted. The data and physical file structure on the card is left intact and a deleted file should be easily recoverable by reinserting its pointer back into the FAT and directory tree. As stated above, it doesn't matter what type of file it is.</p>

<p>Thanks for the responses.<br>

As far as any file recovery program working, I have tried Pandora Recovery. It is free.<br>

It sees the jpegs but doeas not see the RAW files on my d7000 sd card. I did not try it on the D4 media as I figured it did not see D7000 NEF files, it was not going to see D4 NEF files either.</p>

<p> </p>