Post production painting effects

<p>Not sure if this is the right forum - my apologies if not! I have seen a few photographs on the web in the style below - which I love! Does anyone know how this is done? <br>

<b>Image removed. Per the photo.net guidelines, please do not post photos you did not take. Use a link instead.</b></p>

<p>Are you trying to do this in-camera, or in post-production? If it's in-camera (and not knowing what you are shooting) you might try the HDR capability of your camera. If its in post-production (and again not knowing what too you're using) you'll get an enormous amount of material by just googling "tonemapping in post production"</p>

<p>Kathlyn - when you get into digital the universe expands so much if you're not afraid of all the tools and techniques you can find in the software tools, and the growing amount of things that can be done in-camera. I think we've all tried HDR and its cousins, it is just so dramatic and fun. You'll find a mixed reception from experienced photographers, but I still like a lot of what I see, including some of the images in your link. Good luck - looking forward to what you produce.</p>

<p>Hi Kathlyn,<br>

<br />To give these techniques a try there is Public Domain software you can download and try for free. Search Google for these names and see what come up :-)<br>

<br />Luminance HDR<br>

Raw Therapy<br>

Hugin<br>

FotoSketcher <br>

<br />Best of Luck Jim</p>