Nikon Wednesday 2012: #40

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">right here</a></strong>:<a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km</a>. I'm still liking the up-to-three-images-per-week notion, as some users have put it handsomely to work these last few times around.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Happy Nikon Wednesday, everyone. Fall! And here in the DC 'burbs, we're getting a bumper crop of acorns from those Mighty Oaks that are always threatening the power lines when we get big storms. And when I say a lot of acorns, I mean that you need to wear a hardhat while walking under that shady canopy.<br /><br />Below is a look up the trunk of a 100-foot oak that kindly provides abundant shade at our local farm market. And food for the deer and squirrels, of course. On a small slope just at the foot of the tree is a huge blanket of this season's harvest. These trees really produced, this year, despite a dry spell. Hoping for some good color when the leaves turn. Shot one of nature's grocery stores? Share a photo!</p><div>00asxk-498449584.jpg.70a5070f30d3656a6cf992f00ce57188.jpg</div>

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>Good day all. Fall beckons. It's been a couple of months since I had the chance to get out with a camera on a mission to relax. As luck would have it I just happened to run a roll of Kodak 200 through the old F4 the other day, which hopefuly will fit the fall theme of this wednesday . Nikon F4/ 28-85/ no flash, sun backlit.</p><div>00asxs-498450284.jpg.4e3b8b6324d6bf612324fc27a5392c93.jpg</div>

<p>A swarm of hornets has moved into our garage wall, entering through the opening around a natural gas pipe.</p>

<p>All of these images were captured with a D800E at ISO 800—the first two using a 200mm f/4 AI-S lens, a PN-11 tube, and an off-camera Vivtar 285HV, and the third with a 20mm f/3.5 AI-S.</p>

<p><em>Carpe diem</em>, little guys, because tonight …</p><div>00asyF-498453884.jpg.1291d24073677a8e096268f9b4a3c83a.jpg</div>

<p>Good Wednesday, my Nikonian friends,<br>

Had a recent business trip to San Diego, CA and had some time to capture the city. This shot from a small boat as we passed under the bow of the USS Midway aircraft carrier, which is now a museum.</p><div>00asyS-498455584.jpg.bd0c83f5d8bb324e713090d017895b20.jpg</div>