7D firmware update / ACR problem

RickDB

<p>Since updating EOS 7D firmware (to Version 2.0.X) I have found that ACR (V 6.4.1) does not save adjustments to .CR2 file either after "Open Image" or with "Done". I have no problem with photos from previous 7D firmware or with 5D2 files. I can make ACR raw adjustments, open in CS5 and save in any available format without a problem. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?</p>

<p>I don't want to say, consider yourself lucky but the firmware update has made my 7d almost useless. I'm lucky to get off twenty shots before the camera totally freezes and I have to resort to removing the battery. 44 shots of my granddaughter today resulted in five battery removals. I hope you get your problems fixed soon, mine goes to Canon, Irvine this week.</p>

<p>I don't want to say, consider yourself lucky but the firmware update has made my 7d almost useless. I'm lucky to get off twenty shots before the camera totally freezes and I have to resort to removing the battery. 44 shots of my granddaughter today resulted in five battery removals. I hope you get your problems fixed soon, mine goes to Canon, Irvine this week.</p>

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

<p>There's a thread at FM about this very thing. Apparently a few 7D are turned into bricks and some into error prone creatures 'o light. Most are okay but nobody seems to know if certain FW2 problems are due to age, hardware defects, bad code or are just random. I have an early production 7D (Fall 2009), did the FW2 update the day it was available and have been shooting the crap out of it for nearly a month without a single problem.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>Good idea Daniel - up graded to V 6.7.0.339 now, but it hasn't made any difference.<br>

Peter - the .xmp files are there and the directory isn't read only (adjustments are saved for old 7D firmware files and 5D2 in the same directory)<br>

Puppy Face: Checked out DPP (Version 3.11:31.0) - it seems to work as it should. I can make adjustments to 7D FW2 raw files and the adjustments are saved to .CR2. I can transfer the file to PS and edit further. However, when I open up Bridge, the adjustments made in DPP are not seen in the .CR2 file - also, there is no symbol showing file has been adjusted. <br>

Mark A: I seem to have a work around, so I do indeed consider myself lucky! Hope you get your 7D sorted.</p>

<p>I just loaded FW 2.0.3. I am using PS CS6, ACR 7.1 and Lighroom 4.1 with no problems. Here is Adobe's list of cameras supported by Camera Raw:</p>

<p>http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html</p>

<p>I suggest that you contact Adobe. It seems like they intend to support pretty much all Canon EOS cameras through ACR 6.7.</p>