samsung nx100

<p>Hi All,<br>

<br />This little camera seems a bit overlooked, so I'm putting in a good word for it.<br>

I bought an adapter so I could use my old non-AI lenses on it as well and I'm getting to really like it.<br>

I bought it originally as I thought I could photo my negs (35mm and 6x6) using a slide copier on it and get a decent look at what I've been taking photos of over the last 40 years on the computer screen, but I've read and been told that because the sensor is not the same size as the neg that idea won't work lol <br>

<br />Anyway, that's me not learning enough and not the camera's fault!<br>

Andy.</p>

<p>You can use almost any digital camera to copy slides and negatives. As long as the digicam can focus closely enough and you have an adequate light source it'll work. I've used an older Olympus C-3040Z tiny sensor digicam with macro adapter on a light table to copy 35mm slides and the results were nearly as good as from my film scanner. The 1:2, 1:1, etc., magnification ratios often used in discussing macro photography can be confusing and essentially meaningless when using digital cameras for copying slides/negatives, unless it's for scientific/forensic purposes.</p>

<p>+1 Lex ... cannot imagine why anybody would say you cannot. The copy is being done at about 2400ppi for a 35mm slide with a 10Mp camera in either 4:3 or 3:2 format. That is pixels per inch of the subject matter for an 8x5 inch print at 300dpi.</p>