Please tell me what you think

indysheart

<p>I took this image at a friends wedding. i was not the one shooting the wedding. But after the photographer was done, other people were taking their photos and I captured this one. I did do some digital darkroom editing to it. The bride loved it, more so than the pros shot. Keep in mind, it's a draught, it was hazy outside and I am still learning. LOL What do you guys think?<br>

<a href="../photo/16213032">http://www.photo.net/photo/16213032</a><br>

The image uploader is not working for me. sorry. ;(</p>

<p>I am sorry but I am not in love with it. Heavy handed editing [looks like a fall filter with an extremely heavy vignette] - the grass is still blotchy ... this looks dated already. I guess it's a matter of taste but it's not great photography, I'm sorry to say, it just isn't.</p>

<p>You 1/3 the bouquet which is usually good but I would have put the bouquet in the middle so that you don't get the grass on the left hand side. I would also lower the camera so that I'm not shooting down on the flowers as much and step back a little further to take the shot. </p>

<p>I can see why the bride loves this kind of photos as it is "girly" in a modern way. I'm a man so I don't usually take photos like this but a lot of female photogs do. All in all, a very good effort.</p>

<p>Composition - why include the dead grass at all? Re-frame - even it it's spur of the moment or crop differently in post.<br>

The processing .... you know, it's like Instagram, kinda neat when it came out but a fad now. Some people have never seen all the sparkly filters applied so they go "oh, new, cool" but it's really not. Filters, to me, should enhance what's already there, not overpower and not mask an exposure or framing or any other error ... something that's quite common, to blow the exposure and throw some "Lord of the Rings" magic on et voila! To me, that's not what good photography is. A good photo should stand the test of time and not be gimmicky. </p>

However you "artsy" it up is your deal, your the "artist", but I think and agree, lose the grass. Use the two arms as

diagonals leading to the bouquet centered in the lower third of the frame leaving enough room for the arms to create

diagonals up to the flowers. Happy clicking!

Doesn't do anything for me. Too warm, contrast too high, composition off balance, heavy vignette, clipping. All IMO, of

course, and if the bride likes it then that's all that matters... For the future, I'd keep the "effects" down as otherwise they

won't age well at all.