Bronica SQ lenses on Nikon DSLR

leonard_forte2

<p>Has anyone used Bronica SQ lenses on a nikon DSLR using an adaptor which is currently available on ebay for about 68$? I have four Bronica lenses (50mm, 80mm, 150mm and 180mm) and I was wondering how they perform on a Nikon DSLR. These lenses are not worth much and I think difficult to sell so I may as well see if I can use them. </p>

<p>Not worth much? A 180 in LN- condition is for sale right now at KEH for $819! That lens is very popular and desired by lots of people because it is excellent optically, and great for portraits because of its focal length and close focusing of one meter.</p>

<p>How much the others are worth depends on which series they were- S or PS- and their condition. There might be more money there than you think!</p>

<p>They are not difficult to sell- just list them here or on another forum and for the right price they will go quickly. BUG (Bronica Owners Group) is a good place to offer them if they don't sell here. APUG (Analog Photography Users Group) is another.</p>

<p>I'm sure they would be optically fine on the Nikon, but you'd lose metering and the auto diaphragm with the Bronica lens, making it rather inconvenient to use. I considered getting a 120 lens adapter for my Nikon but, since all my 120 lenses overlap what I already have for the Nikon, decided it wasn't worth pursuing. </p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I have such an adapter. Mostly I use it to adapt the bronica lens further (a second adapter!) the combo onto a Sony NEX (via a Lensbaby tilt adapter), perhaps adding extension tubes.<br>

The 80mm and the 150mm work very well on Sony NEX...<br>

Marco</p>