RZ Pro versus RZ Pro II?

neil_poulsen8

<p>I'm swapping from an RB to an RZ system. I'm wondering if there's a practical advantage to getting an RZ Pro II versus an RZ Pro? I know that the RZ Pro II permits half-stop increments in shutter speeds, and there's a fine-focus adjustment on the Pro II.</p>

<p>But beyond that, is there a practical advantage of the Pro II over the Pro? My primary interest is that the shutter speeds be accurate and repeatable. (That's my reason for switching from RB to RZ.) I don't really need the half-stop increments. I read that the Pro II has "improved" electronics. But does this affect the accuracy and repeatability of shutter speeds; or, is it more related to the half-stop shutter speed increments?</p>

<p>How advantageous is the fine-focus? Is there a practical advantage? Is it significantly more difficult to focus a Pro versus a Pro II?</p>

<p>Do both models show the horizontal and vertical orientations in the viewfinder in the same way? I've seen the Pro IID, and as one shifts between the two orientations, guides from the sides or top and bottom slide in and out. Is this the same as for the Pro II and Pro? I like the idea of being able to easily determine from the viewfinder the current orientation. Does this vary between the Pro and Pro II?</p>

<p>What other advantages might there be between the Pro and Pro II?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Aside from info in Dave's, <em>click, </em>above:</p>

<p>The difference in the 'improved electronics' you mention, is more specific to the RZ IId's ease<br /> of interfacing the 'IId" body, with [some] digital backs, (hence the 'd'), should your budget allow in the future.</p>

<p>Frame orientation bars adjust, or are shown in the view finder [identically] on all three RZ bodies,<br /> automatically, as the rotating film back is rotated. (Polaroid, #405, 'pack-film' backs...do not rotate).</p>

<p>I would get the RZ II, the prices are so low now. Mine is an RZ that the previous owner would have paid $800.00 to upgrade to a II. I love the half stops( I also had a regular RZ as a back up). Mine does not have the micro adjust, I think it would be handy. But I have heard this is a weak spot on the RZ II and is prone to breaking with a lot of use. You may want to confirm this is working properly. The RZ may not give you noticeably better shots as the KL lenses may be just as good. The RZ is just faster and easier to work with. Especially if you want to use an AE finder. The readings are excellent.</p>