Kodak Duo Six-20 Lens Cleaning

<p>I have a nice Kodak Duo Six-20 folder that's in great shape except the lens front group has some haze I want to remove. The front group unscrews easily from the shutter. The haze in inside this group. It appears that the front silver ring should turn and allow access to the inner groups but it won't turn <strong>at all</strong>. Nothing looks like it turns from the rear side. I see no placement points for a spanner wrench so I figure something should hand turn. Am I correct? How does one get inside this guy? If the front silver ring is frozen, how to loosen? Thanks</p><div>00aZS1-479029584.jpg.f6e81cfce03ad593ee565fa35a3dcf8a.jpg</div>

<p>I'd suggest getting two pieces of rubber, like that you would get from a bike tire tube, and grabbing both ends and twisting. For me, a good grip can usually open these up. Another problem that you could have is that it is a cemented doublet up front, and it is separating, which would be no fun. If you can't get it apart, try a little naptha/lighter fluid around the edge to loosen it up.<br>

Good luck!<br>

Andrew</p>

<p>Count the reflections, if there are three, it's a cemented doublet, if there's four, it's an air-spaced group of two elements.<br>

Sometimes a bit of oil is needed in the threads -- but if you don't get it apart the oil could cause havoc in the air space.</p>

• 2 weeks later...