Follow up on 28-135IS repair and Canon shout out

arthur_reyes1

<p>Just wanted post a follow up on a previous post a couple weeks ago. I decided to have my 28-135IS repaired (IS motor not working) rather than buy a new lens. Thanks for all the comments BTW from everyone in the previous post.<br>

I sent my lens to the Canon service center in Irvine CA. The lens was repaired quickly once I gave the authorization. The lens was also shipped back to me very quickly as well.<br>

The IS now works and it appears they gave the lens a nice "tune-up". The entire lens looks like it was cleaned on the outside.The front element looks cleaner than before I sent it in. Also the zoom is a lot smoother than before. They must have made some adjustments of some sort.<br>

Overall, an excellent experience similar to when I had another lens repaired about 4 yrs ago.<br>

Go Canon!</p>

<blockquote>

<p>...and it appears they gave the lens a nice "tune-up". The entire lens looks like it was cleaned on the outside.The front element looks cleaner than before I sent it in. Also the zoom is a lot smoother than before. They must have made some adjustments of some sort.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Same thing for me when I sent mine in many years ago for the same repair (under warranty) - must be standard procedure. They even cleaned a bit of dust that was on the inside of the front element when I sent it in.</p>