Nikon Wednesday 2012: #21

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">right here</a></strong>: <a href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km" rel="nofollow">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00W7km</a>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I keep telling the vendors and artists at outdoor markets to get their priorities straight and to use white canopy cloth for their outdoor booths so that wandering photographers will have more and better light when recording what they do. Alas, photographers are less important to them than their customers. Where's the respect for the arts?<br /><br />Still, I found an artist hard at work (under a blue tent!). She also does birthday parties at $75 per hour. Had your Nikon gear out under likewise hostile lighting conditions? Share a photo!</p><div>00aQ6v-468505684.jpg.b0d213721f28402b52e8b05088411004.jpg</div>

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Took an oldie from my files and reworked it a little. This was shot with my D50 with the 18-55 kit lense on Combate Beach, Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico. What caught my eye was the anti drug patrol FURA and the young man who is looking to jump off the pier.</p><div>00aQ76-468513584.jpg.0918aa1c00ab33226efa916b86785523.jpg</div>

<p>I got a chance to visit the Cloisters Museum in New York recently. It was donated by John D. Rockefeller Jr, and contains lots of Medieval art. The building itself was built in the 1930s, but is styled after Medieval architecture. This particular shot is just a car coming down the driveway at closing time, but it feels like something more ominous --- straight out of a James Bond movie. Enjoy. =)</p><div>00aQ7C-468515584.jpg.5c628a5e9699d9790eaeea24f84d63d1.jpg</div>

<p>I am working with the woods surrounding my property at different times of the day and how the light works with the trees (hence the background)...this was taken in the late evening. I watched the sun go down and hit the flowers just right from my kitchen window and then went out to shoot. I am happy with the results and the flowers are a pretty bonus. </p><div>00aQ7E-468517584.jpg.d3993d32ba4ee163e6bcc57e80801935.jpg</div>

<p>Like Bogdan, I was out in the woods with a film Nikon -- not my F3HP but the F100. This is from about 20 (of 38 waiting at start) rolls of film I developed this weekend. I've only scanned a bit of it yet. This one is an April picture of my young son (I have three grown ones too). He's pretending the wee tree trunk is a firehouse pole....</p><div>00aQ9H-468577584.jpg.8cf81a27389fdce98413171c1cdd1e1d.jpg</div>