Making a digital Holga

<p>Part of the fun of is the camera itself. The weight, sound and cheapness is part of the way the camera is used. I just bought a broken Holga for parts on Ebay. The next part of the plan is to find a broken point and shoot and combine them. Any thought on which models might be easier to do this with? </p>

<p>Are you planning on just placing the sensor of the P&S behind the lens of the Holga? If yes then you won't capture much at all. If no then what are your plans to get the relatively large image circle down to the size of a point and shoot camera?</p>

<p>Interesting point Dan. From my work with 4x5, I'm guessing the full circle can be much larger than the capture area. It might miss out on some of that beautiful vignetting. My main concern is that the electronics won't fire without being wired to the lens. Also, it seems it would be better to use the digital camera's shutter and leave the Holga's wide open, so the digital camera would need to be set up with a shutter that would work with this method.</p>

<p>Another idea might be to use an Andriod based phone and use its camera through an app. I have lately started to this. Feel free to check out my gallery. The shutter lag and quirks of exposure takes a little while to get used to but once you are there it is just sheer fun.</p>

<p>Josh,<br>

I'm trying to get away from using a "<em>serious camera"</em>.<br>

Starvy,<br>

Yes, I've had a lot of fun with my iPod camera too. But the digital effects don't have the same richness as analog aberations.</p>

<p>Well, I guess I will just get out my hacksaw and a bunch of camera parts and see what I can come up with.<br>

Michael</p>

<p>One word; angle of view (OK OK, three words)</p>

<p>Point and shoot sensors are tiny! I mean really tiny. The 60mm Holga lens would be like a 300mm or 400mm lens on those little sensors. Why not just buy a lens for your DSLR from Holga Direct? They have them for most mounts from $19 to $24 plus about $5 shipping.</p>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...