Gear Give Away

<p>Hello folks, I have a Tamron close-up adapter model A9FB, This is used with the Tamron 28 to 200 model 71D. It is in new condition, with the protective case and box with instruction sheet. I believe this is specific for Nikon camera bodies. I realize that this may be considered a topic for modern film cameras, but I know the people here in the CMC will find a use for this lens adapter. By the way, can anyone here tell me how this 28-200 performs? Shoot me an e-mail if you would like this close-up adapter. Thanks</p>

<p>Paul- does this adapter bayonet onto the front of the lens? I have the original version of this zoom in Maxxum mount. Without the adapter it only focuses to about 1:10 (or maybe 1:8), but not sure. With the adapter it does focus as close as the average close focus zoom. Performance wise, it's not bad stopped down to f8-11 at wide to medium settings, but performance at 200mm isn't stellar. I would stop down to f11-16 at 200. If this is the close up adapter that I describe, then it should fit any AF version of this lens. The next version, (available both in AF and MF) had close focusing and doesn't need the adapter.<br>

Generous offer, BTW, as this lens was optimized for the 28-200. <br>

This was an expensive zoom when it first appeared, but you can get 'em for peanuts now. You can even get NOS 28-200 with manual focus adaptall mount for around 70 USD from KEH.</p>

<p>John, a member contacted me earlier, I'll be sending it out to New Jersey. Mike, I just picked up this very lens from KEH. I also ordered the close-up adapter with the intent to use it with this new lens. (The altered close focus abilty would be to 1 meter, I could better that with an extension tube.) I found that the bayonet is slightly different and is not intended for my new 171A lens. (It is specific to the 71D lens) I do not have very high hopes for performance, I am used to all Zuiko glass, but the wide zoom range will be useful for a barebones walkabout package. ASA 200 and 400 Fuji should allow better stopped down performance.</p>