Kodak Medallion Conversion to 120

<p>I think you mean a Kodak Medalist and Medalist II that uses 620 film. The medallion was a 8mm movie camera. Someone years ago wrote here on FB how to grind out the place where the edge of the spool hits with a 120 spool. You might try a search on that, as well as looking on camera reapir websites. I decided that it was too much work and just respool. Here is a good forum, </p>

<p>http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/forum/messages/6899/6202.html</p>

<p>Blue Moon and Machine has many 120 films in stock that are modified to fit the Kodak Medalist,they<br>

fit every time.He modifies the edges and ends and they're well priced.Give him a try before spending<br>

a small fortune changing the camera body.<br>

Regards,Peter</p>

I'm with those who advise respool or mod the spools rather than convert the camera. Usually you can get away with just

trimming around the end of the spool flange so it ends up no thicker than the film roll, and/or thinning the flanges a little

from the top and bottom, depending on the camera. You might need to use a real 620 spool on the takeup side so that it

engages the winding lug properly, but often a trimmed 120 spool will work there too.