Widelux Film Spool Issue

<p>I have a late edition widelux f8, I shot a couple test rolls and didn't see any banding thankfully. But, towards the end of my second roll, the images started to overlap. It seems the film is slipping or something, leading to the roll not being moved ahead enough.</p>

<p>Anyone know what internal part is likely the culprit? Thank you!</p>

<p>Once you get the film threaded and advance for the first shot, rewind the film knob until there is tention on the film.</p>

<p>The film should advance properly. Watch the rewind knob to see if it moves when you advance the film.</p>

thanks fo the reply, it turns for the most

part...but i see 1/10 of two shots

overlapping...so evidently while

winding it would "slip" (i can actually

hear a difference)...but the film is

securely fitted in...

i'm not sure what to diagnose...the

rewind knob, the take up spool, or that

other roller in between?

<p>i think this is likely my issue (http://www.jumboprawn.net/jesse/cams/widelux/widelux_f7_ro.html)<br />haven't had a look to see whether it is the case... </p>

<blockquote>

<h2 >Film Winder / Frame Sync</h2>

<p>On this particular Widelux F7, a nasty problem had developed over time and almost lead to complete failure. The camera had been loosing frames, overlapping frames, and even popping film sprocket holes. Ultimately, the first gear in the film winding train became badly damaged, putting the whole camera at risk due to the unavailability of parts.<br>

The first winding gear, located on the film winder knob shaft, was nearly stripped. Some of the teeth were “spiraled back” due to the stress of over-winding. Because the gear didn't mesh well with the next gear, winding the film had a “crumbly” feel to it. Some of the teeth were worn down, while others had deep tool marks on the leading faces, possibly from past attempts to straighten the teeth.<br>

But the root cause of this failure was actually on the other side of the camera, inside the bottom plate. A lever is positioned between the turret stop point and the base of the film winder knob, such that it stops the film winder when the turret is fully cocked. This lever was not functioning, because an unrelated screw that holds the take-up idle roller had backed out of its hole and caused interference. With the lever blocked by the unrelated screw, it was unable to click into place and stop the film winder knob. This, in turn, allowed the user to torque the film winder past its designed limit. The shutter release point was over-shot, resulting in missed frames. The first winding gear is badly damaged, as there was nothing to stop the winding shaft.</p>

</blockquote>