When a new body is released.....

robert_dale

<p>When a new body is released.....<br>

Why are over half of the threads on here created by people who have no intention of upgrading to those new bodies?<br>

I am primarily a film shooter but I am "jumping on the bandwagon" because I'm jumping off of the Nikon D70s bandwagon that I've been on since 2005.</p>

<p>Sorry if I offended anyones sensibilities, it's just amazing to me that all of a sudden the 5DII that was hailed as one of the greatest cameras ever produced by Canon is now relegated to the "heap" because a successor has been brought out and being bought by what looks to me as rampant consumerism.<br>

Impossible to know, but it would be interesting to know how many people snapping up these 5DIII's pushed their 5DII's to the absolute limit?<br>

I'm still using an iPad 1 .....so maybe I'm just getting old and starting to grow moss?</p>

<p>I love my 5DII, but there are applications where decreased shadow noise would be a blessing. Increased high ISO performance might open up more opportunities, e.g. handheld interiors, sports at night, dancers without supplemental lighting. I already have some nice lenses, and I don't want to carry around a camera store - just a few nice pieces of glass (already in my bag) and the best body that I can afford.</p>

<p>Cameras depreciate. So do shoes. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't buy a new pair from time to time.</p>

<p>Wanting a 5DIII has nothing to do with an inability to make images with a 5DII or a desire to show off. It's about experimenting with and taking advantage of the latest technical advances.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Canon is a wonderful company because they serve the full spectrum of customers from high end (latest and greatest) to bargain hunter types.<br>

Like Bob I live under a rock too.<br>

Shoot mostly film on a Canon F1N (22 years old now) and when I'm lazy on a Canon ElanIIe.<br>

Digital:<br>

Canon Pro 1 (a early high end point and shoot),purchased new after the price came down to below $500 US<br>

Canon 30D (A Canon Inc. refurbished as new model)<br>

All Canon lenses: Canon Inc. refurbs.No "L's" other than the one that came on the Pro 1<br>

Cell phone: Motorola Tundra clamshell............</p>

<p>I got my 5D3 a couple of days ago, however I probably would not have upgraded from a 5D2, but as my old camera was a 40D, this is a significant upgrade for me. I had previously considered the 7D and the 5D2 as upgrades, but decided against those.<br>

The 5D3 ticked just about every box on my wishlist (including as good fps as my 40d, good focus system and much improved low-light performance), so I saw no reason to wait, and ordered it early enough so my preorder got filled in the first batch from Adorama.</p>