Nikon D7000 focus point on top LCD?

azn137

<p>Hi, I've just got my brand new D7000, and I had a photoshoot using it last weekend. I did read the manual, but I couldn't figure out how to make the top LCD show where my focus point is. <br>

When I put it in Single Point AF mode, the top LCD always shows the center point being the biggest. Dynamic, Auto and 3D Tracking AF modes show a bunch of points.<br>

I have tried both 39-point and 11-point, AF-A, AF-S and AF-C.<br>

When I move the focus point using the arrows, the point is moved within the viewfinder, but the top LCD doesn't indicate that. Am I missing something?<br>

Thank you!</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I couldn't figure out how to make the top LCD show where my focus point is.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>You couldn't figure that out because that feature does not exist. The top LCD can only show how many AF points are used, e.g. 1, 9, 21, etc., but for example if you choose only one, the top LCD cannot show you exactly which one. You need to view that from the viewfinder.</p>

<p>Well, the D90 has only 11 AF points. The D7000 has 39 and the D300/D300S has 51; none of them can show which one AF point is in use on their top LCD since there are way too many of them to be shown in a small area indicating which one is in use.</p>