Help with pricing a photo job for groupon like site!!

acossack

<p>Hello all!<br>

<br /> I've been offered to do a deal with a website called iDoDailyDeal.com, which is a groupon like site for weddings and events. I am a photographer, I have graduated from Parsons and <a href="http://www.alexandracossackphoto.com">here is my website</a>. I don't have a ton of wedding photography experience though, and on top of that it is a special deal site. I was wondering if anyone could help me get an idea on a price or deal that would be great for the site but also give me a reasonable profit?<br>

If it helps, any shoots I've done, my usual method is to put edited photos onto a CD.<br>

Also, they suggested "engagement/bridal sessions" have been their most successful.</p>

<p>couple of additional things:</p>

<p>1) most if not all of these "deal" sites take a percentage of sales off of the top - before you see dollar one. Money is made by photographers on these from a) getting clients out of their area / or who are not able to fulfill the terms of their purchase or b) from upsells after the event.</p>

<p>2) Many of these sites have a "minimum" discount of between 40 and 70+ percent. Some check your current pricing / price history to ensure that you aren't just bumping up your prices to make it look like a good deal. (ie: Take your normal $100 sitting fee and bumping that up to a $300.00 fee, but then offering 66% off of your session fee.</p>

<p>I've seen some photographers fail at this and 1 suceed - but that 1 was because he put so many restrictions on his "coupon" that quiet a few "clients" ended up paying more than advertised for their sessions (ie No evenings, Limited weekends, No Travel, etc...) Basically he had a 4 hour window on saturdays and sundays to do the shoots and the client had to accept the first acceptable (as determined by the photographer) image. But the other downside was that he got hammered on a few review sites (including the "Deal" site. )</p>