eos 7d vs eos 450d

jitendra_katre

<p>hello friends,<br>

here is a comparison between images (both uncropped and unedited, only resized,) from these two cameras. both were shot from same distance mounted on tripod in AV mode with TAMRON 90MM macro at f/5.6, iso-200, evaluative metering , in landscape picture style and auto white balance. there is obvious difference in metering , 7d at 6 seconds while 450d at 13 seconds.what surprised me more was the magnification these two similar sensors gave. why this difference ? does anybody know? thanks.</p><div>00ZoU5-429745584.jpg.5b1b8fc8d853344a0ee040d4b34468b6.jpg</div>

<p>The relationship of the lens to the tripod mounting isn't exactly the same for the two cameras, hence the difference in aim. The crop looks the same to me. Try again, but re-aim.</p>

<p>Those color differences are relatively huge. Which is closer to actual? (Most of us are probably shooting in RAW, so it doesn't really matter.)</p>

<p>The auto white balance and exposure could both be significantly affected by the different framing -- there's significantly more white in the 450D shot. The center of the 450D shot is black while the center of the 7D shot is blue. Not to say that metering and AWB won't vary somewhat but this doesn't seem like a great test -- too many variables.</p>

<p>it would stand to reason the 6 second photo would be darker than the lighter. auto white balance played the role of the yellowish walls on the 7D, I believe. the camera was dropped slightly in the second photo. [ thats why I hate doing comparitive shots, myself, lol!] there are so many factors involved. Especially where the focal point is. Could be a slightly different spot with a different camera which meters totally different. maybe the 7D shot was metered off the white box [closer to the middle] and the other metered off the blue. that can also play a role in sharpness, which some people compare with totally different focal spot..</p>