K7 and "debug mode"

dugger

<p>Here's a new one on me. Was messing around with my 540 flash and turning off the "auto shutdown" option as per the instructions. No big deal. Then without any provocation, "debug mode" displays on my Rear screen the next time I turn on the camera. Can't figure out how that happened nor can find a way to turn debug mode off.</p>

<p>Any suggestions on how to get back to "normal"?</p>

<p>pk-tether (which I just tried for the first time today btw, so not really experienced with it) seems to have a debug on and off option. maybe use that to switch it off. If that doesn't work you have to do a hack with modset files if I remember rightly, or it's some esoteric button combo. Google k-7 firmware hack, there's a site and in there somewhere are the directions you need (did it 2 years ago or so but forgot url sorry)</p>

<p>Bingo Johan!<br>

Totally forgot that I was trying out pk-tether myself for the 1st time too! (Getting older is such a pain). Apparently I had "turned on" debug mode there and was able to turn it off from the GUI. Thanks for setting me on the right direction.</p>