AVS Image Converter

<p>I think Paint Shop Pro has a very simple and easy road to use with first the resize command and then the File/Export/jpg etc way of compression prior to saving the small compressed file. Far simpler than photoshop IMO and more straight forward than irfanview. In fact just checking irfanview I cannot see anyway to adjust file size the way PSP compresses files for me.<br>

I suggest that having control over compression is a key factor missing in many programmes.</p>

<p>Actually now having checked, what AVS does is looks little different to what I can do in PSP by simply opening the file and then saving it using the 'save as' rather than 'save' command in any of the systems. The 'save as' command offers one the choice of system whereas the 'save' command simply over writes the original file. So I might open a jpg file and save it as a tiff or bmp etc etc.<br>

I think that most editors, if you use 'save as' rather than 'save', will offer you this option.<br>

I was mislead by Jos's reply with the first part of my reply. The free download Paint.net gives you a limited range jpg,tiff,bmp,gif,png. If we knew what you wanted to do would help. PSP has a range of about twenty options. Irfanview not quite so many.</p>

• 6 months later...
<p>Hey friends if you are looking for <a href="http://www.reaconverter.com">batch image converter</a> then I have recommended you “ReaConverter”. I have great experience of working with ReaConverter. It does prove really very helpful for me while I have a bunch of images and I need to convert and resize all of them. With the help of ReaConverter can convert them all at once.</p>