Batch processing HDR in photoshop

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>Before you point out photoshop has a built-in HDR script, I know - I've tried it, and personally don't like the results.</p>

<p>I've already written scripts for various settings of HDR after the files have been collected into a single photoshop document as layers.</p>

<p>What I'd like now is to be able to get a script that tells photoshop to open a single file in Camera RAW three times (at +1, 0, -1 EV) and layer them darkest to lightest (top layer to bottom layer). </p>

<p>Is this possible, or will I have to make the exposures manually?</p>

<p>Thanks for your time!</p>

<p>PS: I know there's a lot of hype about HDR on both sides, and I've seen some terribly overblown attempts - all I want to do with this is see if I like the results I can get. I just don't want to spend five minutes to make the basis of a single HDR image, especially if I've got a large workload, or if these will be the basis for a panoramic image, requiring further processing.</p>

<p>I do want global (to the entire image) edits for the exposure though: what I've been doing is taking a single image, then overlaying +/-1EV exposures to the original, arranging them by exposure value, overlaying, and applying opacity.</p>

<p>What I want is very simple, and one would think you could open a file multiple times with different values on a particular property.</p>

<p>I guess I'll just have to do it manually then?</p>