3 street photographers...

<p>Reading most of these pieces of advice I had to remind myself that the guys probably had to tell this several times during workshops or similar situations. Some people do have weird concepts about photography...Number nine *is* kind of helpless for someone dabbling in art education, though.</p>

<p>Steve, thanks for posting. I have little experience as of yet--some though. I am wondering how a film photographer using manual focus equipment, and in my case a split RF/VF arrangement (on a IIIf), would manage to respond to this piece of advice:<br>

"I get the most satisfaction from shots taken so quickly that I barely had time to think about why I was taking them; pictures that are a raw reaction to a small trigger. I took one shot of a man running fast, outside Liverpool Street Station, predicting roughly where he’d be by the time I’d raised my camera. It was over in a second but the photograph reveals a fleeing mugger being chased by the young businessman, whose phone he’d stolen. It’s this ‘revelatory’ aspect of street photography that I find appealing."</p>

<p>Sounds like zone focusing with a 21-25mm lens?</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>I'll dare to go against the experts and say, DON'T carry your camera all the time. I find I need to concentrate on images. I almost never get a photo worth keeping when I'm actually there to do something else. So I like to go out on my own, with the sole intention of getting photos. It's a form of hunting, in which I find that anticipation is far more important than speed of reaction.</p>