N90s light leak?

alex_braman

<p>Looks like a light leak on the hinge side of the door. Tape over the hinge with black tape and see if it goes away.<br>

The door of the N90s has plastic baffles that are the light labyrinth trap. It doesn't use any foam sealing ....<br>

except at the hinge side (also around the film window). Look at the inside of the back door, next to the hinge itself. You'll see a narrow foam strip in the door groove running alongside the hinge. It mates with the back of the camera body when the door is closed to keep light out. Likely it's shot.</p>

<p>Jim</p>

<p>Alex -</p>

<p>Uneqivocally ... maybe.<br>

:o)<br>

It should work, but know that all tape isn't totally opaque (moreso with IR), but it should attenuate if not eliminate the leak (if that is the cause).<br>

You can get some stuff called 'foamies' (in black) at a craft store, slit it with a razor blade to suit and after cleaning out the old foam and goo be set to go for another 50 years.<br>

<em><strong>Interslice</strong></em> on the net or ebay prob has a kit, but in the case of the N90 series ... " there ain't much foam sealing " as a plastic back with flanges is the main light sealing avenue.<br>

Since your door foam is likely suspect, you may want to check the mirror bumper foam to see if it has gotten gooey since 1994, when your body was likely born.<br>

PS, I still use my N90s for when I want to shoot auto with film, it's light, simple and has a fairly fast AF speed.</p>

<p>Jim</p>