Nikon D7000 back in production?

curiango_mariposa

<p>Hi,<br>

I have been contemplating upgrading to a D7000 and it seems to me that the current prices ($1300 new, $1100 refurb) are inflated by the low supply (they are backordered on most sites)<br>

Does anyone know when to expect more to hit the market and if it will bring the prices down a little?<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>I'm also looking for one, but the current prices in the UK are simply outrageous. Hoping to see some nice prices after Christmas I popped into amazon and saw them selling the D7000 body-only for over £1100. Also, it doesn't seem to be on display on any of the big London stores.<br>

Personally, I'm not willing to pay more than £800 for the body, but if February doesn't come with a price reduction it may make sense for me to get the camera regardless. Here's hoping that a D?00 announcement will lower the demand and the price!</p>

<p>Keep an eye on the B&H website. They have it listed as 'temporarily unavailable' with no option to get e-mail notification if they get any in stock.</p>

<p>Two weeks ago I purchased a refurbished D7000 for $999 from a different site but turned out to have the 'oil spots on sensor' issue so I returned it.</p>

<p>I checked the B&H website on Monday and they had it in stock, brand new. I ordered right away. By tuesday morning their website was already back into 'temporarily unavailable' mode. I just received mine via UPS. Crossing my fingers that this one will be OK but there are already a couple of quirkiness I've noticed... We'll see.</p>

<p>I think if you keep on checking you will find it in stock. It's just that it's in such high demand that as soon as they have it in stock, they sell them all!!</p>