Wedding Photo of the Week--Brides and Dads--2/13/12

picturesque

<p>I am continuing the theme assignment in this week's POW. I may even change the title, but not right away. This week's theme is Brides and Dads--doing anything a bride and dad might do at a wedding. So post your shots of brides and dads walking down the aisle, dancing, etc. Make sure it is 700 pixels or less in width and/or length - AND - make sure to enter a caption in the caption box on that page where you've uploaded. Some technical details about the shot would be helpful.<br /><br />This is not a contest - but simply a discussion of art and technique, with illustrations. Positive as well as constructive suggestions are what will occur. HOWEVER - IF you wish to post your image but DO NOT WANT to be considered for critique - please say so in your caption. Images that show as a link will be deleted and you'll be asked to re-post.<br /><br />Newcomers and Pros are both welcome to post in this thread. You can start discussing immediately. ;-)</p>

<p><strong>Come on peeps, post some pics!</strong> Dad is neglected on the day enough as it is.</p>

<p>Tell a story about your photo ... that's what wedding photography is all about. Here's an example ...</p>

<p>I shot this one back in the Pleistocene age when Mastodons roamed North America and cavemen only used film at weddings :-)</p>

<p>I was shooting outdoor pics of the Bride and Bridesmaids on a blustery Spring day. The Bride requested a minute to say goodbye to her father who was estranged from the family and decided to leave early. Sensing a great shot about to erupt but not wanting to intrude, I quickly swapped lenses to a telephoto just in time to get this "Goodbye Daddy" shot. Instinct and quick reflexes to take advantage of luck, is everything.</p>

<p><em>Contax RX, Zeiss 180/2.8, Tri-X B&W 135 film (don't recall the camera settings). </em></p><div>00a0oy-442251584.jpg.2c876a3c7cabd21cdf99e997c7b7e105.jpg</div>

<p>I like the contrast in the mood on these shots....first at the hotel getting ready....and the second just before the walk down....excitement...then nerves. It reminds me of speech class, many many many many many years ago. Your just having fun....then your name is called.</p><div>00a19n-442577584.jpg.321fe19c6a4f5b6b2f4ed881387aff6a.jpg</div>

<p>Mark K...Dance with Daddy....i love the way they are alone in their world. I love the fun and excitement in the image....i could feel the 'look at me and Dad'. It looks like you just captured the bend/dip on the bride...it seams that Dad was even caught off guard....</p>

<p>Marc W....there is so much emotion in these shots. Good bye Daddy....is the kind of shot i live for. I've seen it before and keep coming back to it.....what a capture!!!! Marc after that shot i would have left...LOLOLO</p>

<p>David W.....the shot of hugs gets me. I love the way the brides eye(s) are closed...and the way her fingers are....but i really like the expression on the guy on the right...if you look at it closely...i can see jealously....in a good way....pride...and just the fact it had an effect on him.</p>

<p>The night before a wedding...i come here for inspiration....and i always get it. </p>

<p>While the bride was getting ready I grabbed the limo driver, repositioned the car and moved a camping trailer in the background that was directly behind. I set and readied at the top of the stairway, let the bride and dad pass and shot a sequence of about 6 as they headed down. I gave them no direction. </p><div>00a1Mh-442757584.jpg.2eccb45a51e0fbd6dcdc70ce8860a68c.jpg</div>