Nikon D7000 availability

trish_jones

<p>When the D7000 was introduced back in the fall of 2010, Nikon set the suggested price to $1199.95. After about a year, it dropped to around $1100 in the fall of 2011, but the flood in Thailand shut down production on October 6 last year, and after a little while, the price shot up due to shortage. According to Nikon, production should be back to normal by the end of March. Therefore, I expect the shortage to end within a month or two so that the price will gradually go back to normal.</p>

<p>I see little reason to pay the inflated price now.</p>

<p>I'd like to piggyback onto this question: which retailers OTHER than Adorama and B&H are really safe retailers to deal with? I'm willing to wait until the shortage is past to save money but I'd like to save even more by shopping the whole internet. However, I've been warned about these sites that advertise a camera for like $200 or $300 less than anybody else--if it sounds to good to be true, it certainly is. Is anybody besides the big two trustworthy?</p>

<p>B&H and Adorama are certainly excellent. I have ordered Nikon stuffs from Amazon and they are good. In fact, in over a decade using Amazon, they have never made one mistake on me. However, I am only talking about ordering from Amazon themselves; there are many other stores that sell through Amazon's web site, and their quality varies. E.g. there are stores that sell D7000 through Amazon and they are charging inflated prices.</p>

<p>KEH in Atlanta has an excellent reputation as well.</p>

<p>If you have any doubts, check <a href="http://resellerratings.com">http://resellerratings.com</a></p>

<p>Best is your local real camera store. We're fortunate here in Portland, OR to have Pro Photo Supply, who have reasonable prices, great staff, and service and no I do not work for them nor have I been paid off (though a D4 or D800 would be nice :-))<br>

If you cannot shop locally, it's hard to go wrong with B&H, Adorama, or Amazon. If it's out of stock locally, and at these three, it's improbable, though not impossible, that anyone else has it legitimately.<br>

Good luck.</p>