Planar 80mm f/2.8 trouble

lukasbucman

<p>The lens automatically triggers the depth-of-field preview feature ( without touching the dedicated lever ) each time I cock the shutter on my Hasselblad 500C. So each time I have to set the aperture ring back to f/2.8 position in order to get a nice and bright image in the viewfinder. Is this a serious ( = expensive ) failure?<br>

The lens is exactly Carl Zeiss Planar 80mm f/2.8 C ( old, silver coloured version ) on Hasselblad 500C body. <br>

Thank you very much for any help!</p>

The Big Question with these old things is what would be cheaper: having this one fixed, or getting another one? The former will probably be the most expensive option. The latter however will be a fresh gamble, and you might get one that will go haywire too.<br>So shop around a bit, see what both options will cost, and then decide what to do.

<p>Thank you very much for your reactions! Actually, buying and using another lens with this body is out of question, because it was a whole complete kit made in 1967 that came to me and it has a significant spiritual value to me:) So I hope the local camera store will be able to fix it for a reasonable price, otherwise I will continue using it this way. Nevermind, thank you guys very much again!</p>