Tethered shooting Capture one 6

anders_mikkelsen

<p>Hi all. I just recently bought a Mamiya RZ67 inc. a Phase One digi back (as this one: <a href="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Phase-One-LightPhase-H5-Hasselblad-V-Fit-Digital-Back-/170683517871">http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Phase-One-LightPhase-H5-Hasselblad-V-Fit-Digital-Back-/170683517871</a>)<br /> I have big problems getting the software to recognize the camera and thus capturing the pictures taken. It DID work a few weeks back but now I'm getting nothing but - well - no result at all. No pictures importet to PC.<br /> My work flow is this:<br /> Camera settings:<br /> Set on M (multiple exposures)<br />Digiback connected to camera house (Setting "L")<br />Lens connected to adapter plate with sync cable<br />Shutter speed dial set to "0" (red mark between 400 and B)<br /> Camera connected to PC with standard firewire cable.<br /> When the camera is connected to the PC and Capture one is opened, the digi back makes a short beep and the two green LED's light up as expected. When the shutter is pressed the green lights flash for 5-10 sec. and stop. The lights then stop flashing apearing to be ready to shoot again. No seceond beep though..<br /> What am I doing wrong? I've tried reinstalling the firewire driver with no luck.<br /> Could anoy of you explain how your (working) work flow is?<br /> Thanks a lot<br />Anders</p>

<p>Sounds just like you aren't waking up the back. With the H5, you need to pulse it once to wake it up, then a second time to take the photo. <br /><br />This means you either have to take the photo TWICE within 5 seconds (a pain), or fashion a wake up cable. I used a wired cell phone headset that had a "talk" button that fit the same port as the PC cable. My H10 had two ports (one on each side), so I think yours will as well. One had the PC cable, the other my cheap wake-up cable. I'd push the button, the lights would flash...then I'd take the shot.<br>

<br />I even built up a remote wireless adapter to attach a wake up cable and electronic shutter release cable to a Minolta wireless shutter release. Half-press wakes up the back, full press activates the shutter.<br>

Hope this helps.</p>