5D MarkII video shooting LENS ? !

sami_palta1

<p>Used 5D MarkII always for photo shooting. Now decided to try some video though recording time is limited. <br>

I am not experinced in this and wonder WHICH lens is better for video shooting? Or does lens make any sense for video shooting?<br>

My lenses 17-40, 24-105 and 35 mm f/2.<br>

I wonder especially 35 mm f/2.</p>

<p>Thanks and best regards,</p>

<p>Sami</p>

<p><a href="http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-28-300mm-f-3.5-5.6-L-IS-USM-Lens-Review.aspx">EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 L IS USM</a> is doing very good.<br>

Why ?</p>

<ul>

<li>long zoom range</li>

<li>IS, with MODE1, MODE2</li>

</ul>

<p>Only push-pull zoom is a bit tough to work with.<br>

Another favourite is 15mm fisheye. Unique look good for walking and showing surrounding at the subject all at once.</p>

<p>If the subject will be moving around alot (especially towards/away from the camera) then you might want to use the 17-40 and go wide (say 20mm), focus out several feet and stop down to f8 or to increase the depth of field as much as possible. If you have static shots, you can have with fun with your 35mm using shallow DoF. If you will be outdoors you may need ND filters since shutter speeds around 1/50, 1/60, 1/100 are the most common. Search the web for the recommended picture style settings, don't forget to white balance, tripods are best, ...</p>

<p>The IS on the 24-105 is miraculous for video.... The format of these DSLRs makes for very unstable hand held shooting. My footage is always shaky when hand holding even though my considerable experience. But switch on the IS and it's like a tripod switch... I still can't believe how stable it gets. Also the zoom range makes it very versatile. </p>