Nikon Wednesday 2011: #49

Matt Laur

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important:</em></strong> please keep your image under 700 pixels on the longest side for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site</strong> (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread?</strong> The general guidelines for these Wednesday threads are <strong><a rel="nofollow" href="../nikon-camera-forum/00W7km">right here</a></strong>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Another fine Nikon Wednesday to everyone. It's been great, despite the busy time of year, to see so many folks contributing over the last several rounds. This week I was shooting a fine woodworker's recent projects for jurying into a high-stakes art show he's looking to attend. Here's a maple coffee table he's just finished. The slabs have been drying and checking in his shop for years, and are now stablized, inlaid with ebony, and glowing under eleven layers of hand-rubbed finish. His dedication to the work is truly inspirational. But <em>lighting</em> it is a real challenge.<br /><br />What have you been shooting lately? Show us!<em> </em></p><div>00ZhiV-422233584.jpg.71791b598794bbd5f8ec3f823641c784.jpg</div>

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>Another Wednesday. I stay up to post because Wednesday's are my busiest days. Today's post comes from my Brother in Law's wedding this Saturday. I was the main photographer and the theme was 1940's Noir. I titled this one "Bonnie and Clyde"<br>

D300 Sigma 17 - 50 f/2.8 with SB 900 with a Gary Fong Diffuser. My wife assisted with the posing</p><div>00ZhiZ-422235584.jpg.52055b9d4e3fdd85ce4b3034e62f1176.jpg</div>

<p>A strobist-style shoot of one half of Cayman's woman's beach volleyball team – now headed for the Olympics for the first time!</p>

<p>If I was to do the shoot again, there are several things I'd change, but considering the short amount of time available to me, I'm fairly happy with the result.</p>

<p>C</p>

<p>PS. Awesome shots this week people! Keep it up!</p>

<div>00ZhjX-422257584.jpg.ef449fa47db60569b26f46d2cf59e7c9.jpg</div>