Enable the flash when using an external viewfinder on the G11

tom_kat

<p>Just thought I would share this, I bought a G11 but knew that I was going to need an external viewfinder for the 28mm lens because I wanted close to full coverage. The flash does not work with an e.v. because the mount pushes down a very small button on the hot shoe that disables it, if you look at my photo here I took an old Mamiya press camera viewfinder and cut a notch on the mount, it works great, had to do some extra drilling of holes, etc. but worth the effort. Hopefully I can get a universal viewfinder soon for using the zoom. If anyone uses a universal viewfinder please let me know if it offers full coverage, I can't find anyone in the New York CIty area that has one for sale so I can look at it, only see them on Ebay.<br>

http://www.instructables.com/answers/How-do-you-epoxy-metal-Regular-epoxy-doesnt-work/</p>

<p>To which part is the failed epoxy adhering? Or, is the epoxy itself 'splitting' apart? ...</p>

<p>1. Cleaning off body oils and soils first with solvent?<br>

2. 'Roughening' wouldn't hurt.<br>

3. Slower to set epoxies, i.e. 30 minutes to a couple of hours are almost universally much stronger, lot more 'psi' of holding force.</p>

<p>Beyond that, maybe not enough glue foot print or some other not so obvious issue.</p>

<p>Jim</p>