A K20D Question

william_roberts4

<p>Hello all,<br>

Recently my K20D has been having an issue, and I wonder if you guys could point me in a direction....<br>

When I first turn on the camera and take a picture, I get the message 'picture not saved'. At first I thought it was my PNY memory card so I reformatted it and it worked. Now it happens with every card I have (I use Sandisk usually, the PNY were cheap when I bought them).... this is the first time this has occurred with any of my cameras. Is this something that is symptomatic of something bad in my camera or maybe just dirty contacts? <br>

Of course this could be the excuse for me to upgrade...</p>

<p>Thanks,<br>

William</p>

<p>First look at your shutter count and see how much life is still left in the camera go here to find out<br /> <a href="http://www.myshuttercount.com/Upload" target="_blank"> My Shutter Count.com</a></p>

<p>If its low maybe a good CLA is in need and that's all: I had my K-10 worked on since it was cheaper to do that than buy another one. But this is your choice , I am still using mine K-10</p>

<p>William, I had the same happen with my first and expensive K10D after only 3000 shots and was never able to find a solution. It looks like a defective internal cardreader/writer to me. Sometimes the K10D in question managed to write 1 oder 2 photos after power on but after that I got a card error with several card brands that work fine in my other bodies until today. </p>