Panasonic Lumix LX5

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Good to see some Panasonic love. I was so tempted to get the LX5 but for me it was too short. I went with the FZ40 for raw, 14MP, and the 25-600 zoom. I only shoot raw and love it. It cost $300.00 new and comes with SILKYPIK Developer Studio 3.1SE software to process raw images with is so much easier than using photoshop. Battery life is incredible.</p>

<p>Jeff, So far I couldn't agree with you more about the LX5. Mine has not disappointed me yet. It's great. There is an interesting, quirk if not problem - portraits saved as tiff files after processing from RAW seem to over-expose after they are saved. I wonder if this is because Panasonic was not originally compatible with CS5, but was intended to be processed using Panasonic's SilkyPix. I seem to have solved the problem in CS5 by saving the portraits as psd files.<br>

Terry, The FZ40 sounds like quite a camera. I need to use SilkyPix more to learn its capabilities. I am sure it's a decent editor, but wonder if it has the range of editing and adjustment as CS5. I will delve into it more. </p>

• 1 month later...

<p>I've owned an LX2 and LX3 and plan to buy an LX5 for the extra zoom reach. The IQ is<br>

very good, portability is key. I really believe the Leica lens makes a big difference when<br>

compared to other small enthusiast cameras. </p>

<p>I've owned an LX2 and LX3 and plan to buy an LX5 for the extra zoom reach. The IQ is<br>

very good, portability is key. I really believe the Leica lens makes a big difference when<br>

compared to other small enthusiast cameras. </p>

• 9 years later...
  • 5 months later...