Scripts, Actions, Droplets, Lightroom, and Weddings!

robgomez

<p>Hello smart smart people,<br>

I have just gotten into the business of headshot and wedding photography. <br>

I have seen all kinds of photos from different wedding and portrait photographers and one thing is for sure: these images are batch processed using very fine tuned custom made scripts that get the look they want. They are not done one by one, at least for the most basic color and level processing. </p>

<p>So I have been doing research on how to create scripts and actions and use them in Lightroom. The easiest I made was a simple action of something that 99/100 times gets the colors, exposure, and levels right for me> Which goes like this><br>

Levels dialogue, options, Enhance per channel, snap to neutral tones, and done. </p>

<p>So I made this action, exported it as a droplet for Lightroom, and now have it as an export option. <br>

Heres the thing, I want these droplets/actions as Presets in Lightroom, so I can keep everything in Lightroom and don't have to make multiple exports for every droplet/action.<br>

I understand that some jobs might be too complicated for Photoshop NOT to be used. The only things I want to open Photoshop for is for more complex things Lightroom can't do.</p>

<p>This is not laziness, this is practicality. With the amount of photos we have to process for every photo job (100s or 1000s), people don't have the time to manually edit all these settings that 99/100 times work for them. How do I do them in Lightroom?</p>

<p>Thank you,<br>

R</p>

<p> </p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>Thanks, I understand how to do that.<br>

But what I also want are some tips on your workflow. Is it possible to make a preset in Lightroom that takes every photograph's unique balance and applies what it does in my photoshop script above? <br>

How do I change the options for Autotone in LR.<br>

R</p>

• 5 months later...