Gliding Mirror System

geri_brandimarte2

Up until about 2 months ago I owned 2 503CX's. Now I have one CX and a 503CW. The only reason was the GMS. I use the 150 lens with the variable extension tube as well as the 2x Mutar and the finder cutoff finally got my goat. For the typical 50-80-150 user, the CX is a great buy.

I have used Hasselblad cameras for the past 30 years, including the new 503CW with the gliding mirror. If you are going to do alot of critical shooting with longer lenses then the gliding mirror option is a wise one to consider. However, in all honesty, I could live without it and still produce the same photography.

Kevin

The TTL yes/no decision seems the bigger one to make here, but having said that, it really boils down to the focal lenths you intend to use and you didn't mention that. So ignore the previous, I'm really in no position to advise you without knowing that.

If you plan to use focal lengths longer than 150mm or do much close up work with tubes, then GMS will be important. I find vignetting very distracting.

For what it's worth, I went through some of the same decision process before I bought my 503CW. Now I find I use TTL flash and the Winder CW all the time. For me it was worth stepping up to the newer models.