New Motifs & Ambience with Nova & Domiplan

<p>excellent work, SP. i , too, agree that something has changed in your brew or scanning which results in increased contrast. i really like the shot of the Library.</p>

<p>and i also agree that India's history and geography have shown it to be an enduring in mind and place -- i have no fear of it losing its 'indian-ness'. indeed, with the influence of its renown cuisine, IT industry, bollywood and indian fashions (worn by some of the most undeniably beautiful women in the world), the rest of the planet is becoming more Indian. but i worry that despite it's achievements in becoming the largest democracy and having a vibrant economy, these benefits are not trickling into all areas of its society. it still suffers from a crushing poverty, corruption and social inequity that is unmatched in the world. </p>

<p>Thanks <strong>Anirban</strong>; it is JP Nagar. <strong>KP </strong>I try to keep walking; I have had spinal surgery on L3,L4 and was unable to walk more than a 100 Yards for a whole year. Trained myself to walk 20 kms over another year. Of course, you know these things better. Thanks <strong>Alan</strong>, all my Prakticas come from UK sellers. UK and the Netherlands were, probably, the largest markets for Prakticas. <strong>CQ</strong>, there is some churning going on, now, on many social issues that you mentioned. Citizen vitality is still very low. Thank you <strong>Peter</strong>. Regards, sp.</p>

<p>Great images. Strong contrast but I guess its the light in India. Everywhere and everyone is getting the same look.Its re-assuring to know there is a "Big Mac" handily available. i shall sleep well tonight.<br>

Have been given a Practica as a gift. Some 50mm lenses. One focused real close and then came out the mount..You know when the shutter is released. Everybody in a 2 bloc radius seems to know too.I have yet to expose a roll in it. The lenses I have tried on my Pentax Spotmatic and K-models with adapter, screw to K-mount.<br>

I started photography really serious when I bought my 1st SLR, the Pentax with 105mm Takumar back in early sixties. My 50mm was a 58mm Biotar which I traded for the better 50mm Pentax Takumar! Idiot!The Biotar could do wonderful effects which the superior optics of Pentax had eliminated!</p>

<blockquote>

<p>One focused real close and then came out the mount....</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Jason I came across a similar one with a friend of mine who dropped camera at the airport and the metal cylinder shroud around the front elements came apart. It was a Pentacon 5omm f/1.8 lens. I noticed that in some of these they do not have a retaining screw and the shroud is glued on to the fascia of the rear barrel. I fixed it for him again with glue [rubber solution like Pliobond]. It was only a shroud, nothing to do with the optics. I guess you have a similar lens Oreston or Pentacon. Possibly, easily fixed. Good luck. Yes, the Biotar is one of the all time greats. I don't have one from Jena. But I have the FSU version, the Helios, delightful.<br>

Big Mac, Pizza Hut, KFC etc., sell more Indian dishes than their "originals". I guess everyone has to bow to the market for survival, eventually! sp.</p>