Leica admits major M9 malfunctions after hiding it for too long

noonoo

I never used this card in an M9, and have never had a problem with an SD card before.

This problem lies with the design of the Sandisk card.

And they want me to try to go through Beach Camera, an authorized seller for Sandisk and Amazon, before giving me an RMA!

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Thanks for emailing SanDisk Technical Support. It is our goal to make sure you have all the resources you need to get the most from your product.

As the card was purchased on 08/03/2011 it been less then 30 days since you are using the product, I would request you to get back to place of purchase for the replacment of the card as most of the retail stores have 30 days of store warranty. In case they refuse to do so you can contact us back for replacment.

Please refer to your My SanDisk at http://kb.sandisk.com anytime to see all of your incident history and product registration information. You can log in using your email address as your login and the password that you created.

Also, you can visit http://kb.sandisk.com, our online keyword searchable Knowledgebase, to easily find answers to your Technical Support and Customer Service questions for all of SanDisk's products. Simply enter your search terms and our Knowledgebase will search an extensive database of commonly asked questions as well as our online forums at http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/forums to provide you with the most complete answers possible.

Best regards,

Hanna Kaur

SanDisk Technical Support

Customer By Email (Brian Sweeney) 08/07/2011 01:46 PM

request for RMA on 8GByte Extreme Pro

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Maybe their customer service reps have the cost of defective cards taken out of their salary, maybe Sandisk is up to their eyeballs in defective cards. Who Knows.

SO MUCH FOR THE SANDISK WARRANTY OR HAVING ANY INTEREST IN THEIR DEFECTIVE CARDS!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>such a long response! so many voices! Leica is really a tiny company. i have said often their products are not perfect. Often my responses and questions were deleted..here on "photo net" because i did not "toe the party line" of worshiping my Leica and Leica lenses. Yet at this time the fault lies with the SD card. Not Leica. The failure of the Op's assignment due to using equipment without prior testing and not having a back-up.(my experience and opinion) Leica even sent me a notification! I don't own a M8 or M9 nor a future(soon to be released) M10. At the end of the day, it is both a unique company and the only camera with soul, less so in digital..<br>

The Canon EOS has a major problem of correct focus. Read some pro sites. i listen to friends still shooting. i'm retired. See the Canon sites except here at photo.net, RFF, PDbase etc where the majority of folks whose livelihood, is not in peril because of faster and quicker release of "awesome" photo equipment. Untested in Japan or anywhere..<br>

i don't think Leica hid the facts. They simply did not know. Lets hear it from San disc? Has anyone tried to exchange a memory-card ? What you bought, is what you keep.<br>

Think it's time to bury this whole thing.</p>

I'm trying to get the card returned to Sandisk directly. I bought the latest Sandisk branded USB reader, and will try it with a replacement card once they send me one. I will try it in their reader when it comes.

If it does not work, I will take the card down to the die and make it into a tie tack.

• 5 months later...
<p>My question is what experience do folks have with the speed at which the M9 writes to the SD card? I have not had the card failure problem described in this forum (not yet anyway), but I worry when each shot, whether JPG for DNG, takes 6 to 8 seconds to process/write. This is a limitation in a lot of situations. Are others having this problem? or is your card writing very quickly?</p>