canon 10-22 vs tokina 12-24

jitendra_katre

I have the 10-22 I can email you some sample shots or a link if you like,the only thng about the 10-22 is it starts

working the best at 12 more so than 10- there is a slight b of fall off at 10 outside of that it is a fantastic lens,which I

love to use and the colors are wonderful, the shits are super sharp, I use a filter outside and it's wonderful for anything

,it's very easy to take close up shots of people and be standing Ruhr next o them, I do use it for weddings as

well,which is my primary reaon I purchased it, to many narrow churches and 20 people in a wedding party is hard to

do without this lens,the only one I compared it to was sigma,s wide angle and for the difference in money Canon,s

lens wins hands down.

<p>Jitendra,<br>

I have Canon 10-22 and it is a great lens. I use it mainly for architectural/nature/children photography and it never stops amazing me! On the other hand a colleague of mine, who is a well known architectural photorapher, swears by Tokina 12-24.<br>

I think it comes down to two facts to make your decision:</p>

<ul>

<li>There is a 2 mm difference in widest aperture between these two lenses; in super wide angle range that is a lot of difference. </li>

<li>Price tag for Tokina (around $550) compared to Canon (around $800-$850) is another factor; if price matters to you. </li>

</ul>

<p>But there is a Tokina 11-16 mm, with less zoom range, that is probably the best in this group.<br>

Hope this helps,<br>

Hadi</p>

<p> </p><div>00Z79f-384593584.jpg.d55ffbb230b163745b9a54de2a1ac8e2.jpg</div>

<p>I've had the Tokina 12-24 for about a year. I find it to be very good to excellent. Extremely well built. The lens was jointly developed with Pentax, and I owned the Pentax version for many years with much satisfaction.</p>

<p>You should be able to find the lens used in the US for a bargain price, under $300. It's worth it.</p>

<p>That said, if I were shopping for an ultra-wide angle zoom today, I would choose the Tokina 11-16mm f2.8. More in spirit to a prime lens, and those two extra stops can be very helpful in some shooting situations.</p>

<p>ME</p>

<p>Recently sold the 10-22 since I have access to a dual format kit (crop/FF). Replaced it with the 17-40L. I enjoyed using the 10-22 on my 60D for interior shots of capturing my toddler in his environment. Outdoors it preformed as expected. L quality optics. Max aperture of 3.5 or 4.5 on the long end did not hinder me though. But 2.8 sounds nice with Tokina, no experience with this one though. I highly recommend the 10-22.</p>