How can I open folders as regular folder, not DPP?

sungho_jun

<p>Hi there.<br>

I am trying to open folders that do not contain any pictures in it, and my computer keeps opening every folders in DPP (When I double-left-click folder). DPP launches, and I cannot see any files in folder(only pictures).<br>

I am using windows7, and I know I can change a default program for files.<br>

But I have no idea how I can change a default program for folders.<br>

Right-click and "open" everytime I try to open a folder is quite annoying...</p>

<p>It does not matter when it opens the image folders, as I use DPP.<br>

Can anyone help me open folders as regular folders? Where can I change the setting?<br>

Thx.</p>

<p>Your question is not clear. Are you saying that when you double click on a folder in Windows Explorer or My Computer that DPP launches and opens that folder? If not, please explain what program you are using to view the directory structure on your had drive when you double click a folder and DPP launches.</p>

<p>What OS are you using? Sometimes the 'do this whenever I do that' option for things like opening folders and inserting CDS (or memory cards) gets assigned to something random --like opening DPP (in my case opening iTunes). The fix is to locate where <em>in your OS</em> those assignments are made and reassign them. Only 'older' OSes have assignment systems that make actual sense.</p>

<p>I think your best bet too as mentioned above is to uninstall DPP, and then reload it again. And you can also update your DPP if need be. The latest is version 3.10.1.0.</p>

<p>The OP is using Windows 7!<br /> (I thought I recognised this issue and went a-looking and found this previous query~ : <a href="00Z4XQ">http://www.photo.net/canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00Z4XQ</a> ....unfortunately still unresolved)</p>

<p>I uninstalled it and re-installed it, but i couldnt find the setting page.<br>

So, when installing DPP, I dont get to change anything. It happens again.<br>

Maybe I just should find a computer geek around(hah), as its more like a program issue than camera issue.</p>

<p>Thanks to all.</p>

<p>Can't you right click a file in the folder, Choose Open With, scroll down to Choose default program.<br>

there should be a choice that says "always use this program for this type file." Put check in it.<br>

or try this Windows direction for changing program<br>

<a href="http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-which-programs-Windows-uses-by-default">http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-which-programs-Windows-uses-by-default</a></p>

<p>good luck!</p>