Tamron Adaptall 135 f2.5

<p>When my family camera shop stocked Tamron we had the earlier 135mm f2.8 in stock. By the time the f2.5 version came out we had stopped carrying Tamron. Besides having a fast 135 to use with the camera systems that I don't own a fast tele for, I can use it with my digital istDL for an approximate 200 f2.5.</p><div>00Z6mi-384275584.jpg.7d2477eb5fec33de288f0d7cba63b054.jpg</div>

<p>I find the close focus feature to be really, really useful. One of my favourite lenses was my old 80-200 f4 L zoom (Canon FD), and I think the fact that I could always just focus down to about as small as I could practically want to go. But - it never made me stop and go "crap, wish I could get just a tiny bit closer!". This, I find, happens quite a bit with most teles, and even most 'macro' zoom either limit you to only using the short end for their close focusing or require some "secret handshake" to get into it... and by then the photo is gone or I just cant be bothered. </p>

<p>OK - so that was a long and round about way of saying I like that feature and it would probably make this a 135 I would use a lot more than the others, simply because of it alone, especially since it obviously gives wonderfully sharp, contrasty results! Oh, and Hermione is super cute!</p>

<p>Only the second time I've seen one. I had one I sold last year at a photo show because mostly mine just sat. Did like the 4 ft. minimum focus though, most SLR tele lenses just don't focus quite close enough. I still have a Tamron Duo 135mm f4.5 / 225mm f7.7 pre set lens with a M42 mount. It came in a neat little 2 compartment case with the top part holding the tiny (2 element?) 1.66X converter. At this time I find myself without a M42 mount body and can only use the lens, with adapters, on my E-410 DSLR or my Pen F half frame. My Tamron Duo did not come with a hood and the front is some weird thread size. Does anyone know what size it is?</p>

<p>Although listed on Adaptal2.org as a T mount the Duo is not a T mount with adapter threads about 37mm in diameter and a backfocus shorter than the T mount's 55mm.</p>

I had one of those in my travel kit for years (Nikkor 20/4, Sigma 28-70/2.8, and this one) One of my favourite travel

pics ever was taken in China in 2000 ón the 135/2.5 with matching BBAR 2x TC. Cannot post it, since I'm ón an iPad.

Really liked it, but since then I prectically stopped using teles, and I sold it....

Soeren

Edit: The Picture is in this thread: http://www.photo.net/leica-rangefinders-forum/00LF2Y?start=10

<p>Soeren, nice result. I will have to look for one of those matching TC's.<br>

Thanks, Peter and John. <br>

John- in days before zoom performance was good enough to gain acceptance from serious users (and price came down) the dual focal option was quite popular. Even after zooms had improved there were a couple of Soligor dual focal lenses. We used to sell the 85/135 dual Soligor at the family camera shop. The dual focal design was also used with some view camera lenses as well.</p>