what do you do with "photobooth" pictures?

sam_ellis

<p>So I've added a "photobooth" to my business and I'm wondering what others do with the pictures. Bear in mind that this isn't a small booth, but more of a mini studio with a backdrop, light, and props. My initial thought was to put them on Facebook. My first client requested on-site printing...and then wanted doubles. We tackled it and realized we need to charge more for printing, but I'd rather just post them online.<br>

What do YOU do?</p>

<p>I've had a few clients ask about them and been noticing the growing popularity in my area. I was asked to shoot a Sweet 16 party and thought it would be a good opportunity to test it all out. Things went great, so I'm looking to do more with it. I'd rather not print on-site without a bigger upsell, so I'm wondering if I should put them on Facebook where people can tag themselves (marketing) or on my website (sales). I just can't see people buying the prints after the fact.</p>

I would price it up front in the bride and groom's package and not rely on sales after at all. I don't offer photo booths,

but as well as a photographer, I design albums too. I had one album client who had a photo booth, and we made one

album page a collage of their fav strips from the wedding. It was a fun page for them to remember the silliness of

their guests.

<p>My booth is a mini-studio as well with an actual photographer. I have a pro dye-sub printer that was expensive but well worth it. In addition to offering the booth at my events, I've picked up plenty of other work that I wasn't even thinking about as a result of the printer. </p>

<p>I've only done a photo "booth" a few times for events, but they were small and somewhat casual events. In each case, I asked people to sign up to use the booth so they could be sent a link to the online gallery I posted later. I use SmugMug for sharing events with people.<br>

So, I sent out a link and people looked at the photos. Pretty simple. Since SmugMug allows people to buy your prints off of the site, I made sure to mention that to the guests. I haven't gotten any sales, but I think that might be due to the sort of events I was at. I have a feeling that if everyone at an event knows each other, the possibility for silly and fun photos that people want to print, might go up.</p>

<p>Thanks for the input. This is generally for weddings as that's my main business. I appreciate the tip about people using the backdrop, good to know. Maybe I'll set my strobe on optical slave so it blows out everyone else's pictures ha ha ha!<br>

I definitely like the ProShow idea and having guests sign up for an email alert.<br>

I'm looking forward to bringing this into the business more, if not for print sales, then as a marketing tool.</p>