<p>I think I remember this being discussed somewhere, but can't find it. I don't have this problem in the winter, but now, when I print a photo, it comes out brilliant as always, but, within a few minutes the colors begin to change, almost like a blue haze over them - not exactly, but off - doesn't matter what kind of paper. I tried identical photos on pearl, gloss (red river) even canon pro photo, all the same - i9900 printer. Now, if I put a hair dryer to the photos, the colors return., but only temporarily. Also, if I spray the pic with a protective spray, they return to original brilliance, but again, only for short time. Everything is humid here. (WV) I wonder if I dried out the paper (in the oven?) and stored in a plastic bag would help. Anybody have similar problem? Any ideas?<br /> Thanks.<br /> Greg</p>

<p>the image, if I can get it to work, shows the 3 images on top printed fairly quickly, those below after a few minutes.Not a great picture, but notice the color shift, don't look at sharpness, that was me.</p>

<p>Perhaps a dehumidifier in the room where you keep the images. There are also dry chemical mositure absorbents available through any number of sources, Big Grocery, Big Box home supply, Marine supply etc. They're commonly used to keep the cabins of boats drier, and for closets, sheds etc.</p>

<p>This printer uses dye-based inks which are not as permanent as pigment inks but it's difficult to figure out what is going on as there really should not be any chemical reaction in terms of increased humidity. Some things that would be useful to know: how old is the printer; how old are the existing inks that are in the printer; can you print out some simple color patches and see if they are all affected equally (the standard color checker patch set would be a good place to start); and what profiles are you using for printing? Some color change is expected on dry down but I've not seen the type of changes that you have shown.</p>

<p>Thanks to both of you. The idea to check if is one ink is a good one. What's weird is that by applying heat (hair dryer) the colors come back to normal - I tried doing that last night and sticking the samples in a plastic bag - seemed to help this am.</p>

<p>The other thing it could be is that carrier solvent evaporation is slowed by the humidity but from a chemical perspective your indoor humidity would have to be pretty high to affect this (and it doesn't explain why the colors look fine out of the printer and then get the cast). One other thing to try is put a sheet of white paper over the print when it comes out of the printer; this should absorb the solvent and may prevent what ever the humidity is causing to happen. Do you have any AC at all in your house? If so take the prints up to the room with the best AC and see what happens there.</p>

• 4 weeks later...

<p>Thanks for everyone's answers. I have the solution, though. It was , indeed, extremely humid st that time. It is less so now and the problem has ceased. Even at that time,though, I was able to dry the gazed over photos in our yoghurt maker (styrofoam cooler with 25 watt light bulb) and then slip them into a plastic cover and they stayed ok. But now, the problem has ceased, with no change in ink or paper, just weather . We have no AC (except in the car/truck) just fans. The white paper over the print didn't really make any difference.<br>

So, it was just the weather...<br>

Thanks again.</p>