New Mamiya RB/RZ adapter

<p>Now that is sweet. I'd like to see one in person. Do you have this adapter? <br /><br />I once made an adapter RB to 4x5 camera using a modified extension tube as my base mount. It worked very nicely, I also incorporated a mecahanism using the jam nut to preview focus n cock the lens. Firing was done via cable release in MU mode.<br>

I do like this adapter idea adapted to more 645 cameras. and avalable at a better price making it more accessable to the amateur market.<br>

Thanks.</p>

<p> </p>

The more you say, the less people listen.

<p>Gregory, many people have the excellent RB/RZ glasses sleeping unused in an drawer. With this special adapter the RZ/RB lenses can be activated again and used successfully with an individual camera mount, on most of the available MF and 35mm (D)SLR cameras.<br>

Furthermore, a good photographer really does not need automatic aperture and autofocus functions to perform excellent images!</p>

<p>Wolf,</p>

<p>I got a cheaper solution for those people with unused RZ/RB lenses...buy an RZ or RB camera and use them on that. How's that for "simple"? :-)</p>

<p>Putting them on a 645 camera just crops out a bunch of the image and makes the whole process more difficult.</p>

<p>A "good photographer" wouldn't be letting those lenses sit unused, too, right? </p>

<p>From my experience having full sets of both 645 and RZ67 equipment, I can't see any logical reason to conjoin the two, hence my question.</p>

<p>Going further, to 35mm mount makes a bit of sense, since most people may have DSLR gear and not 645 gear. But, it crops out even more of the lens, making it even less useful. They argue this is beneficial, by using the "sweet spot". However, most people claim 35mm lenses are sharper to start with, so you're starting from a deficit.</p>

<p>There may be a few examples of RZ lenses (like the 180SF) providing benefits unattainable on 35mm, but for that price, it seems to be a stretch.</p>

<p>Erie I did see your adapter, nice work. I also love that flex body you have.<br>

As for using RB lenses on a 645, it's a useful way to broaden your choices if you already have an RB and a 645 as many of us camera junkies do. I have an ETRS that I would love to adapt my RB collection to.... maybe a lensbaby type adapter?<br>

I wonder if using em on a 645 effects the F stop value as well as the focal lengths?<br>

Would be nice to see em cheaper. I'll see if I can make my own version when I get some time to fiddle.... too many irnons in the fire right now. </p>

The more you say, the less people listen.

<p>Gregory, I don't have a Mamiya 645, nor Mamiya RB/RZ glasses! But, I am using for many many years, a number of my MF telephoto glasses successfully with adapters, also on my 35mm (D)SLR cameras. It might be correct that MF may be have a little less sharpness, as very good 35mm lens. But is sharness all you need? This minor deficit will be covered by other important characteristics of the "sweet spot"! These are high contrast, not vignetting, no distortions, no loss of sharpness towards the format corners! If you like a very good optical symmetry towards the format corners, then the format crops to 645 or 35mm are of an optical advantage! These are facts!<br>

O.K. if you have both full sets 645 and RZ67 equipment, it may not required to have such an RB/RZ adapter. But if you want to be much more flexible using your optical gear on a digital Canon 5DMkII with your Mamiya glasses, then the subject becomes positive effects.<br>

Every medal has two sides!<br>

I like and enjoy the flexibility to be able to use my MF glasses also on my 645 and 35mm cameras!<br>

It has saved me also a lot of money!</p>