using a macro bellows on a Mamiya RZ67 - other mounts?

michael_dewhirst

<p>Does anybody know what other mounts are out there that would fit onto a Mamiya RZ67?</p>

<p>What is it's mount officially called? I've been googling for days and can't find anything...</p>

<p>I've found a great Novoflex bellows and see that Pentax do a good one too, but not sure if they will fit the RZ67...</p>

<p>Anybody ever played around with this?</p>

<p>Thanks for ANY help or advice!!!</p>

<p>Mike D</p>

<p>Right, I've used them in 35mm as well. But the focus mechanism on the RB and RZ are bellows. On my RB67 I use the bellows with extension tubes and a macro lens to get huge magnification. Since the bellows are already part of the body, that may be why you're not having luck finding a second set.</p>

<p>...but you can stack the extension tubes and still have bellows flexibility for fine adjustment. I serious doubt that there is a separate set of bellows that would fit the Mamiya RZ mount and in any case you need the electronic connection to set the shutter speed. </p>

<p>The closest you can get with full bellows extension, extension tubes 1 and 2 - and a short barrel lens spacer as well - is approx. 2x magnification with the 6x7 back on the RZ67. That would be achieved with the 110 mm lens. For greater magnification, it might be better to use a 35 mm camera and the appropriate lenses. The Mamiya RZ has its own mount, which is not compatible with anything else. The shutters are built into the lenses, therefore you can't really use enlarger lenses and the like on this camera.<br>

I have made some close up tables for the RZ system here:<br>

http://www.visualgenomics.ca/sensencw/Photo_Notes/Mamiya_RZ/Mamiya_RZ_closeup.htm<br>

have a look. Any combination not mentioned in the tables at least vignettes.<br>

Christoph</p>

<p>Here's an extreme thought.</p>

<p>In theory, I could cut one of the tubes in half and mount them DIY onto the bellows and run the cables - again, DIY - from one end to to other for the shutter to fire.</p>

<p>Ref enlarger lenses - in theory it would also be possible to use these with "manual shutter" - opening and closing the lens with a cap, with a long exposure and a f/22 or higher this should be doable also.</p>

<p>Why all the hassle?</p>

<p>I need to have the macro shots go onto a large neg such as the 6x7, 35mm won't give me enough detail to blow them up really big (when printing).</p>

<p>Any thoughts or ideas and feedback would be much appreciated.</p>

<p>Do what I did when I hit some of the design limitations of the RZ; Get a monorail, sheet film camera.</p>

<p>Not the answer you're looking for, I'm sure, but a solution that will fill your requirements of greater detail from a larger piece of film, and the added benefit of offering greater range of movements then the tilt-shift adapter from Mamiya. </p>

<p>On the used market, with patience, this could be achieved easily for no more then $1,000-$1,500 USD, (Cambo camera, extension bellows w/ext rail, and one...maybe two lenses).</p>