Nikkromat

madison_hoover

<p>THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE POST<br>

I just have a question about something I might! sell.<br>

I have, or rather my mom has, an oldish 35mm Nikkromat Camera, and 7 lenses, all in great condition. I think the largest lens is 400mm and the smallest range is 28mm. I'm just curious to see how much the set would sell for, with the camera? I saw a 400mm Nikkromat lens online for 1,500ish? Is that accurate?</p>

<p>Hello Madison,<br>

you need to be more specific, there are several models of each Nikon lens. Also the condition that these items are in is important to put a value on them. If you go to keh.com, you can get a good impression on what these lenses sell for in various conditions. How much money you might actually get depends on how you sell, direct or to a dealer etc.<br>

Christoph</p>

One piece of advice if you sell on eBay, which I recommend: List the body with a 50mm or thereabouts lens, and list

each of the other lenses separately.

Make the description very complete, and include macro photos.

I bought 3 Nikkormats on eBay, and paid about $20 - 30 each.

<p>Yes and your chances of selling are considerably improved if the description -- including the spelling of the name -- are exactly correct. "<strong><em>Nikkormat</em></strong>"</p>

<p>Those of us in the know, know that a misspelled or badly described item can be purchased more cheaply as a rule since fewer people will find it when they search.</p>

<p>To follow up on JDM's post. If the camera clearly states "Nikkromat", it is a fake / look-alike Nikon (Just like the "Bolex" watches you buy from the street vendors), and will probably not have any value at all, except for those who collect such rarieties.</p>

<p>I happen to have a pristine, fully-working in every way Niikkormat Ftn. It's worth something to me, but it's essentially worthless in terms of selling it. It wouldn't be worth my time or the fee just putting it up for internet auction. Same thing for the lenses. As late as a couple of years ago, maybe, but not now. People want them for nothing.</p>

<p>I wish it was worth something, because I'd like to sell it so I could by a little waterproof compact digital camera. That I could really use.</p>

<p>Check with Calumet for lensboards.<br>

The oldest Saturn models had a round rail. Later in the cycle, modified units came out, and the rail became square. (If I'm remembering correctly.)</p>

<p>Just get a book like Simmons' <em><strong>Using the View Camera</strong></em>. That should provide more than enough background to allow you to use any camera.</p>

<p>Good luck & have fun.</p>

<p>Jim M.</p>

<p>Madison, since you were looking for additional lenses for your D3000, it may be worth sharing more information on the lenses here. I could very well be mistaken, but I recall the D40/D60/D3000 taking pre-AI lenses as well, in which case you could probably use these lenses (with a lot of manual action, though).<br /> Just an idea :-)</p>