HELP PLEASE WITH MARK IV RAW

anthonybagileo

<p>I've used my new mark iv a few times with lr and ps. and theres been no problem. TODAY I shot raw files. They are on the card and I read them in the camera. I can't read them in any other Canon DSLR and now I can't read them on my PC. When I open the memory card in Windows it shows no files. Is it the formatting? I'm lost because it was working fine.</p>

<p>You were shooting JPG when it worked?</p>

<p>Which version of PS? My guess is... the version of ACR you have is too old for the new camera and can't read the new raw format. If your PS is new enough, you probably just need to update to the latest ACR. I don't have LR but I imagine the issue would be the same. If your version of PS is too old, you won't be able to update ACR without buying a new copy of PS.</p>

<p>In the meanwhile, you can use Canon's DPP to read the raw files and then transfer them to PS for editing.</p>

<p>You need to either use the latest version of DPP or pony up the bucks for the newest PS, Aperture or LR app. Old software didn't know the MK4 existed...</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

Adobe has a free DNG converter that will convert the raw files to a useable DNG. You can also download the latest

version of DPP from the canon website for free, but the DNG allows you to Process it in LR and PS. Eventually you'll

want a newer version of LR/PS for convenience but this will work for now.

<p>Gentlemen , thank you for your responses. I'm not sure I explained this right. Through the USB port from the Camera I'm able to load the photos as normal. The raw files open fine in CS5 and LR3. When I took the CF card out and put it in the pc the folder showed no photos, it had the canon folders. And when I selected import in lightroom it showed no phots. Again, I put the CF card in my 7D and it did not show any photos. So it appears to me that there is a problem with formatting, that's all I can think of. If they opened in the other cameras then I would assume its a PC problem. I'm lost.</p>

<p>Ah, ok... sounds like a bad memory card. I've had this exact symptom. I was able to download the shots via plugging the camera into the computer, but could not get them with the card reader. I got rid of the card after I got the images from it.</p>